ActiStar® RM resistant starches
ActiStar® RM starch allows food processors to improve the texture, processing characteristics and health benefits of a wide range of foods and beverages.
ActiStar® RM starch may stimulate butyrate production and as a result may have potential as a prebiotic. Actistar® RM starch has a high level of resistant starch that is highly fermentable resulting in production of short-chain fatty acids, especially butyrate.
- Less viscous than high-amylose derived products. No gelling.
- Very bland taste and smooth mouthfeel.
- Stable at low pH.
- Very fine granulometry. Availability to function as a fiber without a gritty mouthfeel.
- Low water binding capacity. Non hygroscopic.
- Stable up to 120°C depending on the application.
Summary of potential health benefits
- Butyrogenicity: Butyrate acts as a nutrient of colonic cells for healthy colon maintenance.
- Prebiotic: Actistar® RM starch may stimulate the growth of beneficial bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
- Dietary fiber: Dietary fiber promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Weight management: Calorie content of foods may be reduced when higher calorie ingredients are replaced by lower calorie Actistar® RM starch. Virtually fat-free (<1%).
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.