Customer service and order processing personnel are available between 7:30 am - 4:30 pm (central time) Monday through Friday, and can be reached by calling 1-800-669-MALT (6258).
Please include the following with all orders:
- Company and contact person names
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Shipping and billing addresses
- Product name and type (whole kernel or milled)
- Quantity of product needed (number of bags)
- Date order needed on or by
- Shipping information (Liftgate, Pallet jack, Call first, ...)
Please note: We support the Home Wine & Beer Trade Association. Therefore, we support wholesalers and retailers and do not sell directly to clubs or individuals. However, we will certainly direct clubs and individuals to wholesalers and retailers that will provide our malt.
All prices are F.O.B. warehouse - Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
There is a $.02 / lb. surcharge added to all product picked up or shipped out of the Denver, Seattle, Hayward, CA, or Allentown, PA warehouses.
We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice.
All malt products are available in whole kernel or milled / mash-ready. An additional 1 - 5 days may be needed to mill products.
Prices are discounted according to the total malt ordered on a single order. These price breaks are as follows:
- 2,000 lbs.
- 8,000 lbs.
- 12,000 lbs. (Note: this is the highest break available for milled products)
- 32,000 lbs.
Please call for bulk pricing.
A Credit application with a bank authorization must be completed in order for credit to be established. Failure to comply with credit terms may result in revocation of credit privileges. All dealings between parties shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Minnesota. In the event the account is placed for collection, customer agrees to paying the collection fees of 25% of amount owed.
For new customers, please allow 1 - 3 business days for credit approval upon receipt of completed credit application. Prepayment may be required.
Past due payments must be received before new orders can be released for delivery.
There are several payment options for our prepay customers:
- Credit Card
- Wire Transfer
- Faxed Check (CHAX)
- Money Order
Freight terms are prepaid and charge, unless otherwise instructed.
A contact telephone number will be included in the body of the Bill of Lading for all orders. That way the truck driver can contact you if necessary. The following items need to be requested at the time of order and may have an extra charge:
- Specific delivery dates and times
- Pallet Jack
- Call first
- Driver notification of hand-unload
- Extra hose (bulk shipments)
Discount programs are established with numerous LTL (less than truckload) carriers. A carrier with the best rate for shipping destination will be assigned, unless otherwise indicated.
Receiving Bagged Malt
Before signing the shipment Bill of Lading, each bag and / or pallet must be inspected. Look for torn or broken bags and insure every bag and pallet is accounted for. You can reference the pallet contents sheet attached to each pallet. It is easiest to look over the products as they are being unloaded, but if more time is needed to double check, the driver must wait!
If any problems arise:
- First, please note how many bags were shorted, broken, or any other circumstances on the Bill of Lading before signing.
- Call Cargill Malt at 1-800-669-6258 within 72 hours to report any issues. A freight claim may need to be filed on your behalf, and is most successful when the problem is noted on the Bill of Lading.
Please make sure any employees involved in unloading malt follow this procedure.
Receiving Bulk Malt
To ensure the best quality of malt, we suggest the following:
- Ask the driver for documentation of the trailer pre-load cleanout.
- Inspect condition of malt and trailer before unloading.
- Insist upon a slow and steady load-out of malt into silo.
(Malt should not be loaded out at a rate greater than 4 psi.).
- The Bill of Lading should not be signed until malt is fully unloaded and inspected. The driver is required to note the unload pressure and unload time before it is signed by the receiver. Problems should be noted on the Bill of Lading.
- If you have any questions at the time of unloading, don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-669-6258. The driver must wait if you have any concerns.
All grain suppliers do their utmost to provide a product that is insect free. However, once the product leaves their plant or warehouse, it is beyond their control. We recommend the following preventive measures:
- Inspect the malt area at regularly scheduled intervals. This is of particular importance when the room temperature is above 64 F.
- Malt should be stored in a clean, cool, dry area.
- To reduce the likelihood of insect activity, you may choose to fumigate periodically.
- For best results, we recommend using all milled products within 3 months and all whole kernel products within 6 months of receipt.
- Malt analysis or malt specifications can be accessed through our website at Tech Center - Lot Analysis Program using lot numbers.
- We also fax the malt analysis for bagged product upon request.
- Bulk load reports are automatically faxed without request.
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.