Volatile commodity markets can put your business at more risk than you're willing to tolerate. Horizon Milling can help. As a Cargill company, we have access to the knowledge and resources of a global risk management leader - to help you better manage fluctuating costs, eliminate uncertainty, and ultimately take your business toward a more predictable and profitable future.
Cargill's Proven Expertise
- First-hand experience managing price risk in wheat flour and over 35 commodity and energy markets.
- 140-year history of commodity market strength and expertise.
Cargill's global resources
- Active in 47 countries, with a highly skilled team operating in multiple functional areas and geographies.
- Involved in all sectors of the agriculture supply chain - from origination to production, processing and distribution.
- Proprietary market information network provides an unfiltered, real-time view on global market and trading activities.
Flexible risk management services
- Offer customized products to fit individual customer needs.
- Ingredient purchases are not required to take advantage of our risk management expertise.
- Customer Risk Management embedded pricing tools in physical ingredient purchase and sale contracts.
- Integrated Risk Management partnership programs.
- Risk Management Consulting services
For complete details about our risk management capabilities, email us at Riskmanagement@cargill.com.
The preceding description of Horizon Milling Risk Management offerings is general and is not intended to be exhaustive. No attempt has been made to provide a precise description of its offerings. While Horizon Milling believes the foregoing descriptions of its offerings may be of interest to prospective clients, all such persons must be aware of the inherent limitations of any such description.
Some Cargill products are only approved for use in certain geographies, end uses, and/or at certain usage levels. It is the customer's responsibility to determine, for a particular geography, that (i) the Cargill product, its use and usage levels, (ii) the customer's product and its use, and (iii) any claims made about the customer's product, all comply with applicable laws and regulations.