Cargill showcases innovations in sustainability, health and wellness, taste, and cost management at IBIE 2010
Booth presentations and prototypes offer bakers new ways to grow their top and bottom lines
Date: 14 September 2010
Contact: Niki Larson, 952-742-2122, email@example.com
MINNEAPOLIS — Cargill will showcase fresh ideas to help bakers grow their top and bottom lines in the areas of sustainability, health and wellness, taste, and cost management at the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE), Sept. 26 - 29 in Las Vegas. Visitors to Cargill's booth (#8614) can learn more about these topics and sample seven food prototypes.
During show hours, Cargill experts will conduct live presentations and question and answer sessions regarding several featured topics:
Sunday, Sept. 26
- 1:00 p.m. – Healthier Fats: Grow your brand with healthier baked goods
- 3:00 p.m. – Reduced Sodium: Grow your brand with reduced sodium baked goods
Monday, Sept. 27
- 1:00 p.m. – Risk Management: Grow smarter by sharpening your approach to risk management
- 3:00 p.m. – Sustainability: Grow greener by innovating with eco-friendly ingredient solutions
Tuesday, Sept. 28
- 1:00 p.m. – Cargill Process Optimizers: Grow leaner by cutting costs and boosting efficiency
- 3:00 p.m. – Risk Management: Grow smarter by sharpening your approach to risk management
The prototypes, which are discussed in further detail on the Cargill Innovation Exchange, are:
- gluten-free cupcake with a rich, authentic taste experience, featuring gluten-free baking bases and ClearValley™ icing shortening
- reduced fat muffin, featuring the CitriTex® GSG 71 stabilizer blend
- oatmeal cookie, featuring Clear Valley® omega-3 oil
- whole grain pan bread that offers premier baking performance, featuring WheatSelect® white spring whole wheat flour
- reduced sodium tortilla that maintains the salty flavor and texture consumers demand, featuring the SaltWise® sodium reduction system
- no-fuss brownie bite with a rich chocolate flavor, featuring Wilbur® Chocolate Duet™ powdered mix
- three-cheese cracker with Cargill Natural Dairy Flavor Ingredients, providing an authentic and impactful cheese flavor without adversely affecting the structure and mouthfeel of the cracker
Cargill also will host a press conference (exclusively for members of the media) at the booth on Mon., Sept. 27 at 10:15 a.m. to launch a number of new products, including:
- Milling's EcoFlour™ Sustainability Solutions – Customizable programs that utilize precision agriculture to use fertilizer more efficiently, reducing energy inputs and improving yields
- Process Optimizers – A new Cargill service that helps bakeries reduce energy and water consumption, increase yields and enhance their capacity
- Valley™ omega-3 shortening – A new on-trend ingredient that helps bakeries connect with consumers, differentiate their product and out-perform competitive brands
If you are interested in attending, please contact Niki Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 131,000 people in 66 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.
About Horizon Milling, LLC
A leading U.S. flour miller, Horizon Milling, LLC is a joint venture between CHS Inc. (www.chsinc.com) and Cargill, Incorporated. Horizon Milling combines the expertise of a global food ingredients manufacturer with the supply assurance capabilities of a national, farmer-owned cooperative to provide customers with innovative, flour-related product and service solutions. For more information, visit http://www.horizonmilling.com.